Thursday, February 7, 2008

PODCASTS

Podcasting must be fun for some people, young and old alike. I sorta understand the concept, but not much more than sorta. I listened to the Beginner's Guide to Podcasting: Part 1-A Consumers Guide, and I understand you can download music, talks, etc. I have added the URL below to my feeds and will try to add a couple more. I have a speaker on my computer (both at work and) at home so I will be able to listen to these podcasts. However, I do not plan to purchase an Ipod anytime soon.

http://podcast.com/
http://podcastalley.com/

1 Comments:

At February 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Well, one of the good things about podcasts is that you certainly don't need an ipod to listen to them. That just helps if you want to take them along to listen to while you drive or walk or whatever. You can also burn them to CDs if you have a CD player in your car. So, basically it's just a way to deliver audio and video content via the web. Nothing more, nothing less. I actually download quite a few for my mom to listen to. And she's not exactly a kid - in her 80s with macular degeneration so she can't read anymore. Podcasts provide a lot of free entertainment for her - mostly from NPR shows - Selected Shorts, This American Life, News from Lake Woebegon, Fresh Air, some news and current events programs. It's not just for kids...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home